Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 4, craving some flavor

Starting the day with yoga definitely puts me in a positive mood, but by the time I get to bed after a long day in front of the computer, it feels like all that stretching has been tightened back up. I need to make a conscious effort to stretch more throughout the day.

Breakfast was a little strange today. It needed to be a monofruit meal, but we only had 1 banana left, so I opted for 2 apples instead. This filled me up, but I had to have a snack (tangerine) before and after lunch. Today's green smoothie was not the best either. Brent asked that I not make it again. I've made similar smoothies, but with additional ingredients. It was romaine lettuce and frozen strawberries. Maybe more fruit would have made it better, but what I really wanted to add was raw honey. If you've never tried raw honey, you're missing out. Publix is actually selling it here, so you may not even have to go to a health food store to get it.

For various reasons we both had to work late today, so by the time I was able to make dinner I was starving and not in the mood to prepare it. But I resisted talking Brent into the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday, and make a big red cabbage salad with green onions, green beans, celery, sprouted spelt berries, garlic and lemon juice. If only I could add a little healthy fat... Next week, I keep reminding myself. The good thing here though, is that instead of craving my favorite foods at local restaurants, now I'm really looking forward to my favorite raw dishes that have nuts, seeds, and avocados. Either way, I got stuffed on that salad with all the chewing it took.

I hope these posts aren't getting boring. Hang in there, the fun will begin when I start posting photos and videos filled with rawsome goodness!

For anyone reading...
What would you like to see/read/watch once this detox is over?

No comments:

Post a Comment