Saturday, February 7, 2009

Living raw with nature


Let's go off the raw-food path and take a hike with nature. That's what I did today with my husband. After his 7 mile run on the bike path, he joined me for a nice leisurely hike at Graham Swamp (that is, except for all the stops I made to take photos, hehe).

The sights were so calming, the sounds so soothing, the air breezing on by, and the sun shining through the foliage. What an instant energizer after a trip to the farmers' market! Give me some vitamin D on a gorgeous day and I'm all smiles!

This was also a great way to get back into fitness after being sick. Even in Florida, you can find these treasures hidden where you can escape the world and find some solitude. I'm really looking forward to going back with my manual camera and some black & white film—a hike with just myself looking through my viewfinder and getting in touch with my inner-being. These moments are like boosts to my battery, while keeping me calm like a placid ocean.

Even though this blog is about raw foods, I don't want to skimp out on the other important aspects of life, because this is a lifeSTYLE. We are all so busy with the things that must get done, we often forget to take the time to connect with mother nature and enjoy the beauty she gives us. It sounds so simple, yet it can be so difficult to commit to doing. Well, today's experience has made me realize this needs to be a ritual. It won't have to be a hike each time, but every day we should open our eyes to this beauty under our feet—surrounding us, protecting us, feeding us and nurturing us with life. It's a precious thing to waste when all it takes is seeing what is already there.

So next time you go outside, take a deep breath before you get in the car and look to something green and be grateful for all you have. Our time is so limited, but our potential is limitless. Let us meditate upon this.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifu photos Bea, you live in a wonderful area!! Enjoy!!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loulou! We all live in a beautiful place, it's just seeing it that everyone doesn't always take the time to do :)

    ReplyDelete